Regular servicing and safety checks for gas heating systems are vital, even during the lockdown period. The servicing of gas heating systems and gas appliances is classified as essential work.
This is because the safety implications of not performing this important maintenance work and safety checks are significant. In fact, there is a statutory obligation to service all gas appliances on an annual basis, where it is safe to do so.
Your safety is our priority.
We are working hard to provide any scheduled heating system services for our customer across Scotland. If you have a service scheduled with us, please allow our team to perform this to ensure your home heating system is as safe and efficient as possible.
We are taking every precaution to keep you and our team safe. Our engineers take the recommended precautions while working in your home, as per the government guidelines. Our engineers have suitable personal protective equipment and wipe down everything they touch in your home. All of our tools are cleaned after each job.
Before your service
- Are there any household members who are over 70 years old or who have underlying health problems?
- Do you or family members have any symptoms?
- Have you had contact with somebody with Coronavirus?
- Have you travelled to an affected place in the last 24 hours?
If the answer to any of these four questions is “yes”, we will, unfortunately, have to postpone the service visit. We will then contact you to rearrange the service.
On the day of your service
On arrival at your home, our engineer will ask the same four questions again, just in case anything has changed. If it’s safe to carry out the service, our engineer will take the following precautions:
- They will use hand sanitiser to sterilise their hands and wear latex gloves whenever possible before entering
- Customers should open the door and then remain in another room for the duration of the service
- Our engineer will enter the property, locate the gas appliances, and carry out the service
- Once the service is complete, the engineer will ensure the work area is left clean, advise you on the work completed, and leave the property
- As soon as the engineer is outside the property, they will remove and bag the gloves for disposal
- Finally, the engineer will use hand sanitiser to sterilise their hands
Questions or concerns about your scheduled service?
For enquiries about your scheduled service, please call our team on 0800 3899 463 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or use our online enquiry form.
Book a service
- Affordable pricing: Just £62.40 including VAT for an annual service (no contract required)
- A quality service: We are fully accredited for Worcester Bosch, Baxi, Ideal, and other major boiler brands. We are Gas Safe registered and ISO 9001 certified
- Peace of mind: Our 12-point safety check ensures your boiler is ready for another year of heating your home and water
- Reliability: We provide accurate appointment times and turn up on time, prepared to undertake the work that’s required
- A friendly engineer: We’re guests in your property – expect a friendly, courteous and professional engineer to carry out the service
Urgent repairs are classified as essential work during the lockdown period.
If you need an urgent repair, call our 24-hour emergency team on 0800 3899 463 (24 hours, 7 days a week) for help.